The World's Boarding School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good day to you all?

+6
Mathias Køhler
Emma Willems-Dubois
Toris Laurinaitis
Altaf Masood
Gilbert Beilschmidt
Arthur Kirkland
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Good day to you all? Empty Good day to you all?

Post by Arthur Kirkland Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:52 am

Good day to you all? 20734698

Name: Arthur Kirkland.

Country your character represents: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Hobbies: The occasional cross-stitch and knitting, collecting Dr. Who memorabilia, reading – especially pre-2000s novels, although he is a large fan of Roald Dahl and the Hitchhikers guide series. Also plays a guitar (nicknamed Kimberly). Teaching himself ‘magic’.

Likes: Dr. Who, various British comedians (“Nobody else knows what they’re talking about! It’s all ‘where dem hoes at’ or whatever – frankly, I would hope comedy would have a bit more sense!”), books, rock music (and a guilty pleasure of classical). Loves magic and the substance/psychology behind it. Tea.

Dislikes: Being insulted – especially his eyebrows. It’s a sore spot. Over stereotyping of the British (“Really. I don’t don a top hat and go tap dancing with a cup of tea in my hands and a crumpet in the other, going ‘wot wot spiffing!’ Bloody heck of Earth!”).

Background: Born the fourth child of four in England, Arthur’s mother died with his birth, and his father left during the pregnancy, leaving his oldest brother to lead the family. With older brothers, Arthur was constantly picked on (mostly because he was partially blamed for their beloved mother’s death, but also because he was always the smallest and weakest). They were not the most rich of families; the eldest having to work for all his younger brothers – apart from the third eldest, who left for Ireland and was determined to have nothing more to do with them.

Living in a shack of a house, with not much to look forward to in life, Arthur ended up becoming quite a hooligan of a child in his early teenage years – drinking, smoking, so on, suspected drug use as well (if you think this is unlikely of people this age, you obviously have never been to England). His brothers were not exactly careful with what they did with their things. Despite this, Arthur showed an unalienable affinity with the English language and literature. It was through books that Arthur gained a desire to break out of his slump and work harder to achieve some eventual goal.

Thus, a few years later, Arthur’s academic life is steadily booming; although not without a few hitches. Occasional cravings and past frustrations commonly leave Arthur annoyed, short-tempered, and highly exasperated. He’s aggressive and determined, but not without heart and depressive streaks.

Anything you'd be uncomfortable or unwilling to rp: Hell no; come at me with anything, bros. (Will do most pairings, but will warn now: I never make my Arthur top sexually. Urks me greatly).

Out of character: Hey guys. I’m Ivan-Admin’s ukeself :I. But you may all call me Zoe – alternatively; Destiny or Des. We, obviously, were the same person split apart from birth – her taking all the semeness and I taking the contrary. Likewise, I hail from the UK, I’m 18, and I appear to have feminine parts behind my trousers. Nice to meet you all.
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Male Posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Good day to you all? Empty Re: Good day to you all?

Post by Gilbert Beilschmidt Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:44 am

Arthur Kirkland wrote:(“Really. I don’t don a top hat and go tap dancing with a cup of tea in my hands and a crumpet in the other, going ‘wot wot spiffing!’ Bloody heck of Earth!”).

(( ............well you should. That would amuse me. ))
Gilbert Beilschmidt
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Male Posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Altaf Masood Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:07 am

Do you really do magic?
Altaf Masood
Altaf Masood
Admin

Male Posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:18 am

((It would amuse me too))

Magic? Well, yes. The Magician's circle is important, you know! An English prince is in the circle!

And no, I will never tell you my secrets. Magic is magic - mysterious and amazing and it shalt remain so!!
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Altaf Masood Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:24 am

Are you fucking serious? Allah, are you lame or what!
Altaf Masood
Altaf Masood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:30 am

...E-Excuse me?! I'm sorry, but the practice of magic is a legitimate pass time! What do you do to spend the days, mm?! Sitting back and play games, no doubt! Or intentionally go about and attack other people for their hobbies that you just so happen to think of as lame! You are pissing your education away, aren't you?

At least magic is psychological, decent, and helps your learning development! I teach myself new tricks and the logic behind tricks, you know! Dear merciful Lord. Bet you're dimwited.

Now excuse me, I don't have time to speak to people who clearly have the equivalent IQ of a Gnat.
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Altaf Masood Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:01 am

Oh, snap, did I just get told? Can someone confirm that I just got the shit told out of me? How will I ever recover from these fourth-degree burns you're handing out?

*Shouts* Somebody save me, I can't handle words! What do I do?! I can't cope!

I'd better just return to pissing away my education like the stupid little gnat I am! Allah knows how I ever got my scholarship!
Altaf Masood
Altaf Masood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toris Laurinaitis Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:03 am

Um, guys, this really is not helping. Nothing good ever comes of arguing! Could everyone please just came down and realize that not everyone has the same thoughts and interests? A-aha.
Toris Laurinaitis
Toris Laurinaitis

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:54 am

Whatever, Toris. I know I'm too mature for this ridiculous dunderhead.
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Altaf Masood Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:49 am

Oh really? You think you're mature when you have the hobbies of a five-year-old? Man, I always knew British standards were low, but wow.
Altaf Masood
Altaf Masood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:01 am

Excuse me?! Do you not know the merits of sociology these days? I'm not just talking about toying with cups and balls, here! There is psychological reasoning behind everything I learn, and--!

Have you never heard of Derren Brown? Everything is reasoned and highly calculated - not a task a mere five-year-old could achieve! Not for at least another ten years! And what of the becoming-world-famous Dynamo? Good God, man. There is brilliance in deception and theatrics!

Just because you don't understand it.

((OOC: Note, guys. Because obviously magic is not really real, I'm making Arthur have an interest in psychological illusion, so on. Which is actually very big in Britain anyway. Although he will have a secret desire for the more traditional stuff too. But, simply said, Arthur's a rational and logical thinker - despite having occasional moments of self-delusion that he can't explain)).
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Altaf Masood Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:06 am

Of course I know Derren Brown. He's that wanker who tricks people into doing shit like robbing an armoured car or whatever.

(Yeah, makes sense~)
Altaf Masood
Altaf Masood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:08 am

Ah, the Heist. A very detailed adventure into what manipulation can make the human mind urge for and commit.

Let's just leave this for now. I'm certain we won't be able to agree.
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Altaf Masood Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:24 am

Yeah, because you're a total lame-arse and I'm not.
Altaf Masood
Altaf Masood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:35 am

I have better things than to argue about this. You're just a clearly delusional idiot that picks a fight just because he's bored. I don't need this.

Just get lost will you? You're not impressing anyone. Such an immature bloody child.
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Altaf Masood Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:49 am

Oh, you're right about that, I do go round picking fights. I'm a total dick.
Altaf Masood
Altaf Masood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:10 am

Yes, yes you are.
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Altaf Masood Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:31 pm

At least we can agree on something.
Altaf Masood
Altaf Masood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Willems-Dubois Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:00 am

Fighting already?...

So, you play the guitar? What kind of music do you play~?
Emma Willems-Dubois
Emma Willems-Dubois

Female Posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:07 am

It's not fighting. It's a certain premature little twat getting on my tits, just because he has a problem with other people having hobbies that he does not share an interest in.

Electric guitar, to be more precise. I tend to do rock, my dear, and alternative. Things like The Who, Sex Pistols, and more modern things like The Wanted, so on. Though I'm trying my own material recently.
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Willems-Dubois Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:18 am

What about Coldplay? I'm liking their new album a lot!
Emma Willems-Dubois
Emma Willems-Dubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:20 am

I can play and sing Viva la vida, if that helps?
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Willems-Dubois Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:26 am

I remember that one. It's nice too :3
You'll have to play for everyone sometime!
Emma Willems-Dubois
Emma Willems-Dubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathias Køhler Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:29 am

Dude, you play music? For clubs and stuff? Ah, you should start up a band!
Mathias Køhler
Mathias Køhler

Male Posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:32 am

I used to busk, once, back home? It's amazing how much money you can make, actually... people are very generous. I don't know about clubs and such, though. I might see if I could set up a band for the school?
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum