The World's Boarding School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merhaba! Nice ta meetcha!

+5
Adrienne de Polignac
Gilbert Beilschmidt
Toris Laurinaitis
Arthur Kirkland
Sadiq Adnan
9 posters

Go down

Merhaba!  Nice ta meetcha! Empty Merhaba! Nice ta meetcha!

Post by Sadiq Adnan Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:19 pm

Merhaba!  Nice ta meetcha! Turkey11

Name: Sadiq Adnan

Country your character represents: Republic of Turkey

Hobbies: Sadiq has had a long-standing fondness for playing cards, and always has a pack on him, usually right next to his cigarettes. He also greatly enjoys riding his motorcycle, and will often go on road-trips to a random destination, only looking at a map when he stops for gas. He also goes bar-hopping, but only when the mood strikes him. This mood usually consists of him wanting to dance. He loves dancing, even though he sometimes just looks like an idiot doing it (at least in his own opinion. Others around him don't seem to think he's that bad). He is actually quite good at break-dancing, although he hardly does that particular type of dance now-a-days. When he gets the rare desire to stay in, he paints places he's traveled to, since he hates cameras.

Likes: Sadiq is a very social person, and enjoys drinking and hanging out with people. He likes to show off card tricks that he taught himself, although it takes him awhile to warm up to someone enough to show them. He also seems to have a strange obsession with rain showers, especially when it's coming down hard. He will usually stop whatever he's doing, and go to the nearest window to watch, or go outside to stand in it. If possible he will take his motorcycle out to ride in the rain for as long as the storm lasts.

Dislikes: Nothing will get him pissed off faster then someone who chooses not learn something out of laziness. He's also prone to fits of anger when someone displays an arrogant attitude, especially when it's a student. He also doesn't like cats that much.

Background (doesn't have to be too much, just enough to give your character some depth): Sadiq grew up in a small town south of Istanbul an only child. His parents were extremely wealthy, but they chose to have him grow up in a public school. He was bullied and teased not only because of his wealth (although that was a small part of it), but because he was one of the most arrogant children to walk the halls. He became quite good at defending himself, and even had a bit of a gang for a while. After he entered college, he went absolutely wild. However, something happened in his third year that mellowed him out considerably. He suddenly pursued a degree in biology (even though he had entered as a student of architecture), and barely graduated. He earned a Masters, and had a research position for a while before he took up teaching.

Anything you'd be uncomfortable or unwilling to rp: Full-on sex, but anything else is up for fair game.

Out of character: Yo peeps! This is Cat, who also plays Kiku Honda here on the forums.

Last edited by Sadiq Adnan on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:56 pm; edited 5 times in total
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Merhaba!  Nice ta meetcha! Empty Re: Merhaba! Nice ta meetcha!

Post by Arthur Kirkland Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:37 pm

Firstly; if you wouldn't mind un-bolding most of the fields? Only wanted to have the names of the fields (like 'Likes:') to be in bold, thank you.

There are a few small things that bothers me - one of which is the size of the likes/dislikes/hobbies sections. I don't know if you could expand at all? Maybe with a little explanation, who knows. Don't worry too much if you can't find anything to add to it.

About the background section... 'something happened' is, well, could you elaborate a bit on this please? It just seems a little bit odd to have a sudden change of heart and basically no explained reason why.

Out of interest more than anything; why did he leave architecture for pursuing biology? Seems to be a very big swing of events.

- Cheers, and we'll try to set you up in a jiffy <3.
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Male Posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:43 pm

1) Tried to redo the bold, but for some reason it wouldn't let me. O_o I'll fix it later on though, I'll just have to type it up again. [Update: FIXED]

2) I'll expand a bit then! If you're worried about the size, is there a specific number of likes/dislikes you were looking for?

3) It said I didn't have to expand too much, and it is something I was hoping wouldn't have to be public knowledge until later on. I do know what it is, and I also have an explanation why he changed his major. I wanted to have Sadiq be rather mysterious.

Last edited by Sadiq Adnan on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:55 pm

1) If you could please.

2) It's not necessarily the likes and dislikes quantity themselves, it was more... lack of explanation, I suppose? Like the motorbike; why does he have a motorbike? Where does he store it? So on. As I say, just a little elaboration would be nice. What does he enjoy about them, and his hobbies? Why does he dislike the other things?

3) Aha, for things like that it would have been best to be specific about you not wanting to show what it is till during the RP. It's all very well about having 'mysterious' qualities, but it should be more mysterious to the characters. Not those who run them. Explaining things in profiles should not affect the RP.

I'll ask Izzie what she thinks about it, but for now I suppose you may forego it.

- Cheers.
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:54 am

OH!!! I apologize, I'm so used to just listing things for stuff like this! -embarrassed- I'll make it nice and pretty then!

Cool! If you would like I could always send the backstory detail to you in a PM, just so you know what it is if that's the issue!
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:48 am

No, no. Don't worry about it; just give me a bell when you're done? The hobby selection looks good by the way.
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:57 pm

Okay, I've expanded! Comments?
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Toris Laurinaitis Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Good stuff :'D! Thanks for being a sport, allow me to welcome Sadiq aboard.
Toris Laurinaitis
Toris Laurinaitis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:29 pm

Thank you very much!
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilbert Beilschmidt Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Eh? I am not to interested in science.... but yo~! Welcome~!
Gilbert Beilschmidt
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Male Posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Yo yerself! Hey, no worries, kid. Long as ya do yer work we'll have no problems.
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Mister Jones is a very good student, but once again, it is quite nice to meet a fellow teacher and colleague of mine. I hope that we can create a friendship and more! *Smiles happily at meeting another teacher*
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Female Posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:59 am

That'd be great, Adrienne! Gotta stick together 'n everythin', bein' teachers! -grins-
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:46 am

Agreed, being teachers and all that! *nods* At least know we have a third for when the teachers go out and stuff... if that is up your alley, so to speak.
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Goin' out, eh? You mean drinkin'? Haven't done that with a group for a while! Sounds like a good time! C'n always pick up the slack if ya need a DD too! Gotta be useful!
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Yes, one of the other teachers proposed the idea, I thought it would a nice of getting to know everyone. Oh really, well... that is something to take into consideration!
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Williams Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:28 am

*watches by the sidelines and muses*

((Hello again ))
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams

http://xxseraphsanctuaryxx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:31 am

I look forward to it then! It'll be great!

-looks over at Matthew- ...Oi, there! How ya doin'? Yer a student, yeh?

(Why hello!)
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:49 pm

Ah, privet... How should I address you?
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski
Admin

Male Posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderich Edelstein Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:08 am

Ah, hallo Lehrer. I hope that I will do better in biology this year, it looks to be an interesting subject...
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Male Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:38 am

Eh, address me? Well, lesse... Jus' call me Adnan Effendi! Ahahaha! Nah, nah, 'm kiddin'! Jus' Mister Adnan is fine. An' you are?

Do better? You've had trouble in the past with it? Biology is real interestin', definitely! One of the reasons I decided to get into it is it's so vast, ya know?
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Hello, Mr. Adnan, I look forward to your class.
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:47 am

Lookin' forward to teachin' it! Make sure ta pay attention!
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:44 pm

There was never any doubt that I wouldn't, sir.
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down