The World's Boarding School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music room 3-RS(Recording Studio)

2 posters

Go down

Music room 3-RS(Recording Studio) Empty Music room 3-RS(Recording Studio)

Post by Gilbert Beilschmidt Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:34 am

Gilbert grinned as he made his way into the recording studio.
Students in the sixth and seventh year were allowed to make use of the Schools recording studio and this pleased the ever independent East German boy to no end. Not only did the recording studio have amazing acoustics but it was sound proof and stocked with almost any instrument you could think of. Here he could play the drums as loud as he wanted, practice a new instrument out of curiosity without the fear of people hearing a beginners attempt…hell.. he could even play a track and scream along to heavy metal if that’s what he wanted to do.

The electronic equipment also interested him. It was pretty top of the line and took quite a bit of practice and study to be able to use it to its full potential but luckily it was one of the resident IT teachers that had installed it. In the end the teacher had decided that instead of wasting his time installing it after school he would turn it into a fun lesson. Gilbert was mainly in IT for the fun and social aspects of it such as game programming and tinkering with gadgets unlike the other students who would most likely become the worlds next rocket scientists or doing government grade Encryption. It was a challenge to him as well, it was something he could do in his room on a terrible day or at night to feed his competitive nature, it was a shame he never applied his skills to doing homework or actually sticking to a set course of actions.

In all, this room was just the most comfortable for him to work in.
“Hm…maybe the awesome me could go into the recording business someday…” He mused out loud as his new passion of the week started to preoccupy all his current thoughts. “Tch! That is AFTER I become famous~!” Kesesesesese~!” Gilbert grinned as he picked up his guitar. It had been Antonio who had first got him onto the instrument, who would casually play the guitar for fun in his patented flamenco style.
Gilbert had soon moved on to a more rock sound.

He started to play.

It was a tune he had wrote himself.. well, a work in progress. It was catchy and appealing, he had even wrote some lyrics to go with it which were not half bad.. Shame he always sung whatever he wrote way too loud and rough…and the few missing lines that he tended just to hum.

He hummed along as he played the part that did not have finished lyrics yet, unaware that the music coordinator had accidentally only booked Gil in for reserving the room for thirty minutes instead of an hour and a half. And in his enthusiasm with practice he had already wasted 30 minutes away in no time at all..

(( Heh~ Nice long intro post there for you Arthur? Don't feel oblidged to write as much as me each post, the first ones should always be a little long to help set the atmosphere anyway =3 ))
Gilbert Beilschmidt
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Male Posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Music room 3-RS(Recording Studio) Empty Re: Music room 3-RS(Recording Studio)

Post by Arthur Kirkland Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:11 am

((Good God, Gilbert. I feel like I'm just about to write an essay)).

Ah, the recording studio. A luxury that Arthur had never truly experienced before. A private place, designed to seal in sound and allow someone to become in their element - divulging them within the music spurting from their mouths and their hands, one with the instruments they manipulate.

It was such a chance, in comparison to home, where Arthur could actually sit and strum his guitar or practice the lyrics of whatever song he was working on without his brother's peaking their heads through the door and immediately proclaiming it as shit. Well, thank you, oh-so supportive brothers. It was because of their fuck-uppery that Arthur strived to be in a place like this, a boarding school away from them, in the first place.

Yes, that scholarship was well earnt; no more complains, no more badgering each other about who drunk the other's booze, or who stole the last sodding cigarette, or 'Arthur, shut your yaphole and eat your God damned dinner'. He had freedom now, away from his troubled home life, and by gum he was going to exploit it till he exhausted the possibilities.

First thing he did after meeting his new room mate for the year was to book an appointment to this place, and now was finally the time for it. With his beautiful and shapely guitar - Kimberly - slung over his shoulder, he mentally hummed the tune to a song he had been trying to learn and entered the recording studio. Ready for peace, and hard rock.

...Only to be met with disappointment, eye to eye with another student. Great.

"Excuse me?" Arthur asked, scowling. "I've booked this time."
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Male Posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilbert Beilschmidt Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:45 am

Gilbert did not notice the intrusion at first. He had gotten very into his music, his one track mind keeping him occupied.
He looked at the other blankly at first before he processed the others presence.
“Eh…?” He furrowed his brow as he was met with the scowling face. This was HIS time in the recording booth.. Not that he was using more than for a creative sanctuary.
“Tch~! Check again~ Awesome me has this space for….” He checks his watch. “One more hour, I don‘t let people watch me practice so bother me some other time when I am not busy” Gilbert turned away from Arthur without further ado looking back at his guitar. As much as Gilbert liked to brag about his skills, he was still in practice mode.

Hmm… half an hour up? That meant he should probably move on to practicing the drums soon.. As much as he liked the guitar he was just naturally better at the drums, the energy, the noise, the reverberating sound, it just felt right.

He packed his guitar up carefully, all this time ignoring the scowling brit and moved over to the drum equipment. He looked at the set up carefully….it was wrong. He rolled his eyes and started to move it around a little so that it was too his liking.

“There!” he grinned triumphantly. “Now that is how a drum kit SHOULD be set up! Niyo Niyo~!” He said to no one in particular.

(Please excuse my late reply. I was on a submarine.

Also! I have no issues on how long your replies are…as long as they are more than one sentence =’D )
Gilbert Beilschmidt
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:26 am

Arthur looked at the other student, instantly beginning to gain a first impression of the other person. He seemed to be brash, loud, and somewhat obnoxious. Watching him moving the drum kit and refusing to go - he KNEW this was HIS time - he found himself wondering if he was prone to verbal ticks. What on Earth was 'niyo niyo' supposed to be?! Sounded Japanese or something. Why would a clearly German student make such ridiculous noise?!

...And he thought the Germans were organised, non-outrageous, and intelligent peoples. Clearly he was wrong.

"I think you would be wrong," Arthur grumbled at him, before looking at his schedule. Yes, sure enough, he had gotten the right time. "I definitely booked this time. I'm supposed to have two hours in here." What if the faculty had gotten a double-booking? Oh, this was ridiculous. Well. This was his time. He certainly was not moving.

Stepping into the recording studio, Arthur closed the door behind him and then took his guitar off of his shoulder. He unzipped her from her case, and took his gorgeous red Ibanez out. "Whether you like it or not, I'm going to use this time. They might have made a mistake - and I don't know about you, but I'm not re-booking."
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilbert Beilschmidt Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:28 am

As soon as Gilbert had set up the drum kit to his precise specifications he looked over his shoulder to notice the other had not left. He raised a brow as the other stated that he was not going to leave. He pulled the reservation paper from his own pocket and double checked it even though he was positive that he had been given an hour and a half in this room and he was correct of course. “Well my reservation says that I have this room for another hour… awesome me is never wrong only sometimes misinformed~! I cannot help the incompetence of others so there is no way in hell I am leaving either~” He said in a matter of fact tone filled with stubbornness, the smirk on his face ever present.

Gilbert put his hands on his hips sizing the other up, then he noticed the guitar. He went from sizing Arthur up to sizing up his instrument. “Can you actually play or are you just a wannabe with an expensive guitar?” He asked bluntly with an air of slight jealousy but mainly a competitive spirit. Guitar might not have been his main instrument but it was still something that he dabbled in so therefore the other was instantly viewed as competition.

He was actually curious. He knew that the students here could easily buy guitars and lessons, but really, no one, not even the rich could buy talent. As Gilbert held his ground and stared down the other it was most defiantly a challenge. He was not giving up his sanctuary to some beginner who could not even tune a guitar or strum a chord.

((Red Ibanez ….hnngnhn that’s a sexy sexy guitar. If you are going by the pic from his CD then good choice~ although it blew my mind when I realized that England is playing a bass on the CD cover..))
Gilbert Beilschmidt
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:06 am

Just who did this wannabe think he was? Arthur took out his schedule and looked up the time, as well as the date. Yes, he was booked now. He definitely was booked now! What was this other student talking about? A sigh left him when he realised that this almost certainly was an accidental double booking. Oh well.

He was not moving, and it looked like this other student wasn't either. Well - they both seemed to have a passion for music. Let's see what the other student could do. Bright, curious eyes were on the other as he stayed nearby the instruments. What did he say? Can he actually play? Was he kidding?!

"Of course I can play. I've been playing since I was twelve, for God's sakes!" Arthur growled at him, and took out the plectrum from embedded in-between the strings. He sized the other person up, thinking of the best thing to do as an example. Perhaps it was the hidden geek in him, but he soon found himself plugging in into one of the amps, and the notes just started coming out. He really wished he could think of something to play off the bat other than the Dr. Who theme music...

He concentrated on the main body of the theme, before switching from Dr. Who to whatever his fingers decided to play. These days, it was practically automatic. Next thing he knew, he was playing the introduction for Muse's Plug In Baby. He stopped abruptly just before the chorus and looked up at the other person somewhat successfully.

"So, what can you do?" He asked, interested in the other's ability.

((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MhUcFrUZ5A ))
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilbert Beilschmidt Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:24 am

Gilbert could tell the other was sizing him up, testing him also. Playing since he was twelve? Well that still was not a guarantee that he was any good. He crossed his arms and watched as the other moved across the room and set up his guitar and started to play.

Gilbert quirked a brow when he recognised the doctor who theme.. interesting choice.. But it sounded decent. When the other then switched to muse he tapped his foot lightly, a quirk picked up by most people that play the drums.

Well at least the intruder could play.

As soon as the other had finished playing and had asked what he did he grinned. “Not bad” He admitted casually as he picked up a pair of drumsticks. “I play a little guitar myself, but mainly just because I find it easier to write lyrics and music on~ Niyo Niyo~!” He told the other casually as he answered the others question . “But~ I mainly play the drums, I mean anyone can learn guitar.. But it takes beat and energy to play the drums! Kesesesese~!” His grin widened. “Now just sit back and enjoy listening to the awesome me~!”

Since he had already set up the drums to the way that he liked them, all he had to do was sit down and play. He started with something he would think the other would know, playing Icky Thump by the White stripes. Gilbert might not be as good as Arthur on the guitar but he made up for it on the drums, he played through the song before showing off a little with a little extra oomph at the end just to show the other what he could do.

He rested an elbow on one of the Toms and looked up at the other with a playful grin. “If you would prefer something else, awesome me will take requests into consideration~”

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5roz5-wdjBg&feature=relmfu << song he played. Due to Prussia mentioning the White Stripes in the Dub of the Hetalia movie I decided to use this song xD …….I just got a weird visual image of Art and Gil as the White Stripes Guitar+drums.. Although I am seeing them in the film clip for ‘The hardest button to button‘ lol)
Gilbert Beilschmidt
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:49 am

((Typing about music while eating pizza. I feel so cool xD)).

Arthur felt successful at the other's praise, although when the other sat down at the drums he could almost immediately tell that he was not going to be an embarrassment. There were no real in-between stages with drummers. You either could play, or you couldn't. He felt at ease when the German finally started to play.

...White Stripes? Interesting choice. It was an American band but Arthur was pretty acquainted with them. He watched the other got into it, and smirked at his enthusiasm. Enthusiasm - that's what makes a good drummer. He had the timing perfectly. So, it looked like they could both play.

"Not bad, yourself," Arthur exclaimed, pleased to hear so. Even if the other student was a bit... up himself. He twisted his pick in his fingers, and joined in on one or two of the guitar rifts in the song. Once he had finished the whole thing, though, Arthur nodded in recognition of the other's talent.

"If you have any suggestions, I'd love to see them," he said, and started to play another intro. He was pretty sure that the other would not know it, even though the band this one branched off of what rather famous. Still, if it was showing off that Gilbert wanted to do, then he supposed he better show his qualities too.

"How can they be tired of England? They'll never know the England that we know..." Arthur sung as he played. He did not have the smoothest voice but it was perfect for songs like this. His British accent clinging to his voice well, giving it an interesting vibe. "Never notice where the ones with the dreams go, no. Never notice the skies with their eyes down low...!"

He looked over at Gilbert, re-playing the chords for the first few lines as he stalled to speak to him. "Do you know Dirty Pretty Things?"

((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA8eXZ3IJww <3))
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilbert Beilschmidt Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:53 am

Gilbert looked thoughtful for a moment “Suggestions and critiques will come when I think of them..” He nodded. As the other started to sing he felt a little annoyed the other was somewhat good at that too.. His voice and accent really did suit the lyrics even if Gilbert was not that familiar with the song itself.

When the other asked him if he knew the band ‘Dirty pretty things’ he tapped his chin slightly with a drum stick as he scanned his memories. “Some British Band right…? Not to familiar with much of their stuff… I have heard the name floated around before.. “ He scrunched his nose as he tried to pick up the beat through the lyrics and the guitar. One of the essential parts of being a good drummer is to be able to create a beat, set the pace and come up with appropriate sounds to fit in with the other instruments.

He started off softly, setting a beat with his base drum and working with the others guitar. It had been a while since he had had the chance to play with another person. He usually just jammed alone with his headphones in on his electric guitar kit which was a lot easier to cart around and store under his bed when not in use. He also could play without getting numerous complaints of the noise while he practiced in peace.

He talked as he contributed to the others guitar. His loud voice somehow able to talk over the music. “Although if I get reacquainted with them I am sure I will be able to play the parts I cannot remember~” He grinned and hit the beat as the other hit a guitar lick.

He had forgotten how much fun it was to play music with another person, although he would never admit that he enjoyed the company.

((I have never actually heard of that song before, although the band name is familiar .. But I love it~))
Gilbert Beilschmidt
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down