The World's Boarding School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floor 2, Room 2 Unpack all the things!

3 posters

Go down

Floor 2, Room 2 Unpack all the things! Empty Floor 2, Room 2 Unpack all the things!

Post by Anneliese Jørgensen Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:46 am

Anneliese dragged her unholy amount of stuff up the two floors of the dormitory and to room number two. This would be her new home, at least it was easy to remember. She couldn't get too lost now. After the third trip to the room though she was wishing she was on the first floor right by the door. But think of all the calories you're going to burn off, she reminded herself. Annie's home in Nuuk was only one floor and a bit more.. spacious than her new room. But hey, she never had a balcony before! This wasn't so bad. It was really clean and bright. This was going to be okay, she could live like this for however long she was forced to stay.

There was a brief moment of extreme anxiety when she looked around the room. Her roommate was already here. She knew she was a little late coming since her grandparents were a little on the fence about sending her somewhere that wasn't their house but she finally made it. What was her roommate like? It was hard to gauge what kind of person this mysterious roommate was from her stuff. Maybe Annie better wait to decorate her side until she met this girl. What if she hated knick knacks? Annie loved them dearly! But this was her side of the room, she could do anything with it. She went to pull out a nice poster she bought but decided against it. Maybe she was too much of a worry wart but she was going to make sure with her roommate that it was okay to decorate. Her stuff wasn't the 'coolest' so she didn't want to embarrass the girl. They had to get along for a whole year, Annie wanted to start on a good note.

After unpacking most of her stuff and putting suitcases away, Annie flopped onto her bed with her nice knitted blanket. This wouldn't be too bad.... although she really missed home... what were her parents doing without her? Probably having a big fancy party and renovating her room into an office! At least her Mormor was sad about her leaving. Annie rolled up in her blanket until she was a knitted blanket cocoon. Hopefully her roommate wouldn't be by quite yet, she looked a little ridiculous right now and she wasn't exactly ready mentally to meet this stranger.

((I hope this is okay >w<))
Anneliese Jørgensen
Anneliese Jørgensen

Female Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Floor 2, Room 2 Unpack all the things! Empty Re: Floor 2, Room 2 Unpack all the things!

Post by Emma Willems-Dubois Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:24 pm

Emma walked back in to the building, tucking away her phone in to her sweater pocket. She’d been on the phone with her brother, who wasn’t exactly the biggest phone talker, but it was still nice to hear his voice. She missed him. I wonder if he misses me too, she mused. Her father, who she’d been speaking to before her brother, said he did. He informed her that her brother also visited for the first time in months since she left. Emma didn’t know whether to find that funny or upsetting.

On the way to her room, Emma couldn’t help but continue to be impressed at the building. It was so big and bright - lots of windows to let the sun in. And it wasn’t dreary at all, like she would have imagined it to be. Warm colours - greens, browns, yellows, reds - were everywhere. It felt like she was outside in the summer time! She sighed, shutting her eyes and imagining being in her backyard back in Belgium, surrounded with her cats and poppies. While day dreaming, she continued to walk towards her room. She actually walked passed it a few feet before realizing and turning back.

She opened the door quick and easily. She didn’t notice the new things and new person in the room until she was halfway to her bed. The girl had been wrapped up in a blanket, making her a little hard to notice. Emma couldn’t help but smile at the sight. “Oh, hello! You must be my roommate. I’ve been wait for you to come~ I almost didn’t notice you all wrapped up like that.”

[it was perfect~

i wrote this half-asleep. sorry if it's terrible ]
Emma Willems-Dubois
Emma Willems-Dubois

Female Posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Floor 2, Room 2 Unpack all the things! Empty Re: Floor 2, Room 2 Unpack all the things!

Post by Anneliese Jørgensen Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:19 am

Annie froze when she heard the door open. Too late, her roommate had already arrived. No chance to think of ways to start pleasant conversation. Maybe she wouldn't see her... nope, she was spotted. She couldn't ignore the girl striking up a conversation, that would be the definition of rudeness! It was now or never!

"H-Hallo..."

That was it? What. the. hell. Didn't practice on the plane for this moment? Why wasn't she suddenly talking with ease? Her new roommate was going to think she's an ass! No, she had to say more. Oh man, she was such a pretty blond on top of the niceness. This was bad, she had trouble talking to people in general but beautiful people? This was getting more unfair every minute. No, determination would win. She would befriend this girl! Or at least get on her good side.

Annie sat up and tried to smile. "I-I'm Anneliese. S-Sorry, just a little wave of homesickness h-hit me. It's v-very nice to meet you f-finally!" Perfect, this was going well. Almost exactly what she practiced on the plane, and with a little improv! She unwrapped herself from the blanket and smoothed her clothes out. Nervous habit, hopefully the other girl couldn't pick up on it.
Anneliese Jørgensen
Anneliese Jørgensen

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Willems-Dubois Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:13 am

Emma smiled sympathetically at her new roommate. "I understand. It's tough being away from home."

This girl, Anneliese, was so cute! Her fidgeting, her stuttering, plus her beautiful long hair, big bright blue eyes, and the light red tint on her cheeks cried out to Emma's 'big sister' side: to take her under her wing and help her as much as she could. Adorable~.

"It's nice to meet you, Anneliese. I'm Emma~" Smiling, she gestured to the few things that the girl still needed to unpack. "Do you want help with unpacking?"
Emma Willems-Dubois
Emma Willems-Dubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Anneliese Jørgensen Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:58 am

Flustered, Annie looked over at the bag she left out. Her decorative stuff was all nestled in there. Would the girl turn away appalled when she saw how much uncool stuff Anneliese hoarded? Well, one bag couldn't really be considered hoarding.. until people saw her room that is. This was only a fraction of what she owned. Most of these had sentimental value to them, so she really wanted to put them up. Hopefully Emma would go for it. Oh damn it she even had a popular girl's name too! D:

"Th-This is all posters and st-stuff. I just want t-to ask you if-if I could put them up. Just in case you m-minded. We're not r-really up to date with all the trends in Greenland s-so my stuff isn't the coolest.." At least she was honest. Honesty was always the best policy, and at least Emma had some kind of idea what she was getting for a roommate. "It's mostly just folk art and th-things like that. I l-like crafts and w-woodworking. And n-nature photography."
Anneliese Jørgensen
Anneliese Jørgensen

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Willems-Dubois Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:39 am

Emma wasn't sure if she should tease the girl about this or not. Why would she wait to decorate her side of the room? It was her's to do what she wanted with, so even if Emma didn't like what she put up (which Emma doubted), she couldn't really do anything about it. Anneliese probably thought that if Emma didn't like her things, she'd bully her into taking them down and getting ride of them all together! Well, that wouldn't do.

No teasing would be happening for a while yet. Not until they got to know each other better. Emma wanted the girl to feel like she had a say in things, not that Emma was in control of her.

So instead of poking fun at the girl, Emma skipped over that and went to the part where she was actually interested in seeing her roommate's things. "Greenland, huh? And those things sound really nice! I like nature photography, too. Mostly of flowers. Forests, too. But," she said, her voice suddenly serious, "I should warn you. I have a lot of stuffed animals," she gestured over to her bed where at least 10 cat plushies sat, "You better not have a problem with them." She finished with a wink. Well, maybe a little friendly teasing would be alright~
Emma Willems-Dubois
Emma Willems-Dubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Anneliese Jørgensen Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:44 pm

Annie sighed in relief when Emma said she could put her things up. Now she wouldn't miss home as much and she could feel a little less lonely with all her pictures. "I-I have a lot of n-nice pictures. My father t-took them when he v-visited Farfar and Mormor in Copenhagen last s-summer. I have a r-really good shot of the L-Little Mermaid statue. You've heard of the little Mer-Mermaid right?" Oh god she was rambling again. Hopefully Emma didn't think she was a chatty Sally!

In a flash Annie was off the bed and opening the bag to to take things out. "I have a l-lot of little knick knacks too. I-I made a few of them." She pulled out a little carving of a polar bear. "Y-You can have this if you want. A g-gift." She looked over at the bed full of cat plushies. "They're very c-cute. I have n-no problems with them. I have m-my own cat. I knitted h-him." She pulled out some of her knitted creations that would be her bed mates. She hadn't done such a bad job on them either.

She decided to turn the conversation towards her new roommate. Annie was curious about her after all. "Where are you fr-from? Your accent is v-very nice."
Anneliese Jørgensen
Anneliese Jørgensen

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Williams Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:49 am

((*stalkstalk* You two are so cute xD ))
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams

http://xxseraphsanctuaryxx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Willems-Dubois Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:25 am

"I have heard of The Little Mermaid! I saw it once with my family a few years ago, though I didn't get very good pictures..."

Emma moved a bit closer to see all of her things. They were all so cute and small! "You made some of these? They're all so good! I wish I could be good at making stuff like this, but I'm not very good at detail," she said, laughing a little at herself. She took the offered polar bear gently. "Oh! Merci! He's so small~ I'll call him...Brecht!" This girl was really impressing Emma. The little carvings and other knick knacks. Plus the knit cat! She was in love~ Emma loved quirky and/or shy people. There was just something about them....

"Thank you~ I'm from Belgium. I guess my accent is a mix between French and Dutch, which I always thought was funny but people here seem to like it." She went to go sit on her bed, still facing the girl. "You're accent's nice too! I've never heard anything like it before."
Emma Willems-Dubois
Emma Willems-Dubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Anneliese Jørgensen Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:38 am

Annie couldn't believe her luck, they were getting along so well! This must be a dream come true. She had read online about roommate horror stories and drama but Emma was nothing like that. "I-I'm glad you l-like my stuff. I.. I can m-make more things. I br-brought more materials with m-me. I could show you h-how to make some of the carvings. It's n-not too hard.." She had learned with her Grandmother but she was sure she could teach Emma some of the not so extravagant things.

She blushed at the compliment. No one ever thought her accent was nice. It was similar to everyone's back home but still a bit different. "My father is from D-Denmark and my m-mother is half Greenlandic and half N-Norwegian. My parents met in Norway. It's a m-mix of all of that. I-I've been to Belgium b-before. It's v-very nice. I-Is everyone from this school fr-from a different country?"
Anneliese Jørgensen
Anneliese Jørgensen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down