The World's Boarding School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floor 3 -Room 303- Tutoring Lab A

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Floor 3 -Room 303- Tutoring Lab A Empty Floor 3 -Room 303- Tutoring Lab A

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:03 am

Adrienne had been asked to tutor one of the students, and figured that this would be a better way to get to know her student. She liked to get to know them before they started, figure out their strengths and weakness and this also helps to pinpoint where they want to start focusing on.

Pulling out a small notebook that she carried in her purse, she checked her wristwatch and tapped her heeled foot on the tiled floor. She knew that Mister Jones would be coming shortly. And probably in loud fashion, as usual.
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Female Posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Floor 3 -Room 303- Tutoring Lab A Empty Re: Floor 3 -Room 303- Tutoring Lab A

Post by Alfred F. Jones Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:25 am

He could hear nothing but the blaring noise of the The Strokes from his head phones as he made his way down the hall, looking for the room number that he had been given to meet Miss. P in for tutoring. He grinned slightly as a small blush came to his cheeks at the thought of spending time with Miss. P.

Yeah, okay. He would admit it. He thought she was cute and she seemed a whole lot nicer than what his past tutors were like.

Then his favorite part of the song came on and he started singing loudly to it. "Laaaaaaaast Night! She said! Oh Baby! Don't feel so down!" Ah! Room 303. Perfect. Turning the door knob he bobbed his head and he danced into the room, waving at Miss. Polignac as he continued to move to the music only he could hear.
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Male Posts : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:03 am

Raising a perfectly sculpted eyebrow, she smiled at the antics of Mister Jones and welcomed him in the classroom. So full of energy, she thought to herself. "Ah, Mister Jones... your musical abilities are best saved for a rock band of sorts"

Closing the door behind him, after she got up to grab a few other items, Adrienne knew that this semester might just be one of the best yet. "Now, Mister Jones... how may I help you?" She asked him, settling herself back into the red plastic chair, thankfully that the study rooms had circular tables.
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:13 am

He slung his book bag higher up on his shoulder as he watched her move about the room and then smiled when she asked him something. He removed his head phones from his ears and placed them around his neck as he slid into a chair closest to her. He paused his music so it wouldn't annoy her and slid his bag to the ground, slouching heavily in the chair.

"Erm...well, youre the history teacher, right? I know I'm going to have problems there. I'm not very well versed in history, or english." He smiled a bit shyly and then scratched his head. "But science and math are like my things. I can rock 'em hard. Ya' know?"
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:22 am

"Admitting that you are gonna need help now will definitely help in the long run, and I can show you some little tricks to remember names and dates and reasons for certain events in history" Adrienne mentioned and watched him get comfortable.

"I am horrid in sciences, but I can float by with Math, but good for you for finding subjects that you like" was her response, as she jotted down several notes for herself. "Besides, we might be able to see if we can incorporate some music... "

She'd start working on little tips and methods of how the session would go, once she broke a bit more ground. "Is there any particular part of history you find hard? Like European? World? 20th Century?"
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:42 am

Alfred smiled a bit sheepishly and scratched the back of his head softly. "Erm...well, I know at least some world history. But not much. Like I know about the Tudors and stuff. Like Henry and all his wives, and I'm pretty good with World War Two. But other than that I'm pretty lost. I mostly only know American history..." He blushed softly when admitting that he knew very little about their world and it's past.

"Music sounds good. I really like music."
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:10 am

"Mister Jones... don't you worry. We will stat with early European History and leave the World History alone for right now. But I promise you that we shall get this all down in your head!"

Adrienne was starting to figure out a method in her head of how the rest of the tutoring would go for the semester. She wanted to make sure that the young man in front of her would pass.

"Oui, Music is definitely good. For example, an easy way to remember the cause of the first World War are MANIA, or militarism, alliances, nationalism, imperialism and assassination" Adrienne sang out softly, hoping he could connect the ideas together,
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:52 am

"MAN....MANIA?" He tried out slightly and then tilted his head a bit. "Okay...but that doesn't really tell me what happend." He then quickly looked up at Miss. Polignac and waved his hands afraid he had offended her. "Not that I'm saying it's a bad study idea! I just don't know all the facts yet!"

Ugh. Why did he have to look like an idiot in front of her and make it sound like he was dissing her teaching style?
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:58 am

"Mister Jones... Mister Jones... breathe... relax, alright" Adrienne said, trying to calm her student down. "Don't worry, you are doing quite well, just don't panic"

"M is the Militariasm, or the build up of each nation's armies when the Alliances flared up due to those being colonized wanted to be independent, the concept of Nationalism. Imperialism is cause of all of them and than it finally lead to Assassination, which sparked World War I" She said, drawing the letters out and making arrows and little notes of events, showing him the flow.

"As for the music, especially when you get to kings and things, try and make the names rhyme, like the people from Horrible Histories do" Adrienne said, writing it down on the same piece of paper for him to keep.

Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:13 am

Alfred blew out a large sigh of relief at the fact that she wasn't upset or offended by what he said and he smiled slightly. "O-okay....that makes a bit more sense." He said quietly as he gave a look at the notes she was writing. "So, what exactly will we all be learning this year?" Alfred laughed softly. "I'm not asking for like cheats or anything, I just want to a slight clue so I know what's coming up so I don't totally fail your class."
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:17 am

Adrienne smiled and understood where he was coming from. "We'll be focusing on everything from the beginning of the 20th century till the 1990's, predominantly World History" She'd save the real in-depth history for the seventh years, torture them a bit before graduation. She tried to keep in a smile at that thought.

"I hand out review sheets before tests, and allow students to answer all questions, for extra points, if necessary. And if you need any help at all, my door is always open. Besides, answering questions, even if slightly wrong, will get you points. I promise to make sure you pass" Adrienne told him honestly, and she would try her best to help everyone.
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:28 am

His smile was blinding as he heard those words from his teacher. "S-seriously?!" Alfred let out a small happy laugh as he toyed the the hem of his jacket for a minute. He had never really had a teacher that cared enough if he passed or failed, so he never really gave a shit either.

His cheeks warmed when he thought about someone actually looking out for him and his grades and he couldn't help the stupid happy smile that spread across his face. "T-Thanks, Miss. P....you're really awesome."

(Darling I think our American has a Crush on his history teacher XD)
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:33 am

"Yes, which means we will have a focus on the World Wars, which I remember you said earlier that you are quite good with World War II? So, I have no worries"Adrienne said quite happily, enthralled by the reaction from Alfred being happy at the moment.

"Why thank you Mister Jones, and if I may say so myself, you are... awesome as well. And just remember, any questions just ask me." She couldn't believe that her first tutoring session was going as well as it did, and the young man just looked so excited, she couldn't help but share in it.

((Oh my my, and I think the history teacher might just have a favorite student, but as we all know, there is no such thing & I like that idea.. it is soo cute!))
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:48 am

The American boy grinned shyly as he snuck a peek at his pretty teacher out of the corner of his eye then leaned back in his chair slightly. "Soo...now what? Should I go get a book and we start learning, or was this like a 'Get-to-Know-Ya" type thing?" His light southern accent was starting to be more pronounced as he spoke.
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:52 am

"This was a get to know session, I wanted to see what gets your interests and where the area you struggle with. This way, during classes and such, or in other tutoring sessions if you wish, we can focus on your weak points and reinforce where you are stronger in" she said, leaning over to grab a water bottle out of her bag and popped up as quickly.

"And yes, your textbooks and such will be given when the classes actually start up, so don't worry just yet. Besides, this is my first time teaching and tutoring, so I do not want to be stuffy and the like" Adrienne finished with, the slight french accent was audible and took a sip from the bottle.
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:02 am

He watched her take a drink from her water bottle with a small smile on his face, she was really pretty. She also totally believe in him in the academics area which was a plus because every girl he had ever crushed on or went out with thought he was a complete dunce, which he was but still.

But, she was a teacher. Slowly he tilted his head, giving a shy smile. "Hey...uhh...not being rude, cause I know your not supposed to ask a lady this or anything. But...how old are you?"
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:10 am

"Oh, I am only twenty one... " she told him honestly and tilted her head, giving him a quirky smile at that comment about not asking a lady her age. His expressions were quite interesting, and she paid attention to them and noticed that his accent shifted and became more warm and what appeared to be.. a twang, quite cute. Perhaps this work experience wouldn't be so horrible, all sorts of cute really.

"You asked politely enough, but how old did you think I was? And yes, I am only just a few years and months older than most of the other students. Although I believe I am the youngest teacher on staff" Adrienne wasn't quite sure about that but knew Mathias was older than her by a year or two at least.

"How is life ... adjusting to the school? Everything is going well, yes? Non problems?"
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:43 pm

He watched her for a few more minutes before she turned back to him, so he quickly turned his head. "Ummm...Yeah. Schools good, I guess. Found out my twin brother is here without me even being told...so that's just great." Alfred thought about the people he'd met, and really he could only think of one, besides seeing a tiny glimpse of what his room mate looked like somewhere in the halls. "Uhhh...I met this kid from England. Though he's kind a jerk...really prissy. Ehh....not like girl prissy but ya' know...Snooty?"
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:48 pm

"Oh, how wonderful... you get to spend time with your brother! Especially here! And... you said English, right? Oui.. A Mister Kirkland. From my few encounters with him, he seems like a nice boy... a little stressed out perhaps" she said, making her own commentary for a bit.

"Perhaps once the jitters of being in such a school, a boarding school, leave he might mellow out and become more pleasant" she said, thinking of her own memories."It is such a different world sometimes ...." Shaking her head, she took another sip of water, twisting the cap to close it. "Is he your roommate?"
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:40 am

"Ha! God no. My room mate is this really quiet guy with dark hair and glasses." He glanced down at the floor and tried to think of the kids name. "Its like Rob...or Rudy...I dont know." He glanced over at Miss. P with a smile and laughed. "Im not very good with names unless they are important in my mind."

He thought for a moment then blinked. "Do you getyour own room since youre a teacher?" He questioned, wondering if being one had any perks.
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:44 am

"Mhmm, you shall remember his name at some point, and I do have my own room. All the instructors have their own rooms, I believe with our own bathrooms" she said, thinking of her very nice room. "I figured it would be odd, if grown people had to share a bedroom or even a bathroom with each other, since most of us are meeting for the first time, just like you students"

"Well, perhaps you can just call him Ro, this way you save your bases and you know that his first name begins with an R" she said with a slight smile, a part of her tongue sticking out of the smile. "I take it that you students have communal bathrooms?"
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:56 pm

"No, thank god. Our rooms each have one bathroom to it." Alfred smiled a little, he noticed he was smiling more in front of Miss. P than he had been ever since he was put in this god forsaken place. At least he found a slight friend. "Hey...I'm not asking this to be weird...but if like..." He squished his face slightly not wanting this to come across like he couldn't handle things himself but sometimes people just gotta vent.

"If I ever need to talk to someone....can I come talk to you or something?"
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:01 pm

She stared at him for a second and let the confusion roll off of her, once he continued with the question, and couldn't help but give his free hand a quick and tight squeeze of reassurance. "Mais bien sûr... of course, of course" she said, pausing before she almost spoke all in French.

"Yes, if you need to talk to me, come by my classroom, or you can make an appointment on the sheet hanging outside my door, if I am not in there" Adrienne looked at the young American and realized that perhaps, this would be good, another outlet for the young man and a bit of boost to herself that she was doing an alright job.
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:56 am

Alfred smiled widely when she told him that it would be fine and he couldnt help but let out a loud excited laugh when she squeezed his hand. Alfred felt like a ridiculous kid who was having a crush for the first time. Just seeing her smile and speak in her native tounge made him think she she was the cutest thing in the world.

"Thanks, Miss. P. You're the best, ya' know?"
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 am

Blushing vividly, she couldn't help but feel reassured that this was the best choice she had made. Adrienne had hoped that the session would turn out well and looked back at her little pad.

"Why thank you Mister Jones... and now, I would like you to do something for me, when we are in class, or if you're doing your work and you have a problem, write out the questions on a piece of paper. And than we can work on them, if you wish to continue with these sessions" Adrienne said softly, trying to not get horribly flustered.

"I think, that we are done here, for now since I got out a feel, to see what I can do to help you out. And I think you are quite good yourself" she said but paused herself. "Unless if you have any other questions, I wouldn't mind going over things"
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next