The World's Boarding School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nature Trails and Coos of Quails ((open to all))

3 posters

Go down

Nature Trails and Coos of Quails ((open to all)) Empty Nature Trails and Coos of Quails ((open to all))

Post by Matthew Williams Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:29 am

As a rule, Matthew did not often approach people, and waited most patiently for others to come to him.

And so, he was long forgotten that day, when he had woken up to find his roommate gone, and with a few days to spare before he could dedicate his time to books, he went out. The weather here had proved to be too warm for his parkas and such, but a midmorning chill still clung to the air and a hoodie and jeans seemed adequate. Well, no wonder no one notices you, Matt, he'd scold himself. Dressed so plainly.

But the trees were soothing and the sky was soothing and even the dewy air was soothing. Now all he needed was someone to talk with.
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams

http://xxseraphsanctuaryxx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Nature Trails and Coos of Quails ((open to all)) Empty Re: Nature Trails and Coos of Quails ((open to all))

Post by Kiku Honda Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:40 am

Kiku stretched, trying to limber up before he preceded with what he was doing. He had locked himself in his room for the last few days, finishing a chapter of his manga before the self-imposed due date passed. He would have spent today in his room as well, but... well, the weather was rather nice, and he hadn't practiced in quite a while.

He took a breath, forcing himself not to look around him. If he noticed anyone nearby, he would probably loose his courage and hide in his room rather then practice. Oh well. Most likely no one would bother him. He took another breath, standing straight, and bowed. Then he took an attack stance.

He felt nervous for practicing his martial arts out in the open, but he couldn't do it in his room. Or at least not very well. He took a shuttering breath as he went through a few basic moves, trying to imagine enemies before him. But the more he got into it, the more ridiculous he felt. He must look strange, doing this out here... No, no, just a few more minutes and then he would go back to his room. He really should exercise.
Kiku Honda
Kiku Honda

Back to top Go down

Nature Trails and Coos of Quails ((open to all)) Empty Re: Nature Trails and Coos of Quails ((open to all))

Post by Kiku Honda Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:55 am

(...I just kinda dived in. <_<)
Kiku Honda
Kiku Honda

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Williams Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:59 am

((It's cool~ Hey, Keeks ))

It was the sound of a fierce and serious sounding battle cry that caused Matthew to pick up the stick.

It was the sight of a perfectly quaint dark-haired boy lashing out at people who Matthew could not see that made him drop it.

"Excuse....Excuse me!" He was Asian looking, smallish, neat, pale with dark, clear eyes, and he had been attacking who knows what with a menace. "Can I help you, eh? Was....was someone here?"
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiku Honda Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:10 am

Kiku froze, spinning toward the voice and striking a defensive posture. Seeing the unassuming boy before him, he blinked. "Um..." Kiku let his hands drop, a faint blush appearing on his face, both from his physical activity, and for actually being approached when he was out in the open. It was then that Kiku realized the boy had asked him a question.

"...Oh... no, there wasn't... I apologize. I was just exercising. I did not mean to disturb you." He bowed his head, suddenly feeling extremely embarrassed. He had shouted rather loudly... But he didn't think anyone would be around...
Kiku Honda
Kiku Honda

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Williams Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:34 am

"Excercizing..." Matthew repeated, feeling that it was rather a strange way of excercizing. but he lived multiculturally, after all, and it was okay because the boy looked friendly. A potential someone to know and walk with in the hallways? "I'm sorry for disturbing you, then, eh. That's a very...unique way to excercize," he told the other softly, assuredly, offering his best Canadian smile and a hand for shaking.

"I don't think I've seen you before. I'm Matthew....who are you, please?"
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiku Honda Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:50 am

Staring at the hand for a moment, Kiku stretched out his own and shook gently, "My name is Kiku Honda. Nice to meet you. And, well... it helps me keep active." He took away his hand after a moment, not used to joining hands with others.

His shyness quickly overcoming him, Kiku glanced away from Matthew, trying to figure out a polite way of excusing himself and returning to his room. And not coming out for a few days. At least. And Matthew just said he hadn't seen him around. Hm, he should probably respond to that.

"Um... well, I am not usually in a public place very often... well, I am in the library much of the time but... ah, excuse me. I have probably distracted you from what you were doing. I hope I have not inconvenienced you..."

(Kiku, you are so socially awkward. Just make friends already!)
Kiku Honda
Kiku Honda

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Williams Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:54 am

((Oh, I have a feeling these two will be great friends xD))

"....the funny thing is, I'm usually in the library too. Then again, I arrived only a few weeks back--maybe that's why..." He was shorter than Matthew (then again, weren't all Asians short? and Matthew was from the Great North, after all), and the blonde had to look down slightly to look at him. The fierceness of his excercise had faded and left an awkward looking student in its stead. "You weren't inconveniencing me--" Wait! His Canadian senses told him to stop and reconsidere, be considerate. Was he perhaps inconveniencing this man by stopping him in his excercise? "--but I'll leave you to your excercise, then, Kiku. If you want to find me, well, I'll be at the library later."
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiku Honda Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:25 am

Kiku finally looked up at Matthew, surprised. He hadn't expected him to offer to leave. Encouraged by his show of politeness, but still apprehensive about meeting new people, Kiku nodded slowly, "Thank you. I... I will keep that in mind."

He couldn't say he would actually go to the library... Well, no, he would go to the library later on, since that was what he had planned to do in the first place. But going to actively find Matthew... well, he may. He did seem rather nice. "...If it isn't too much trouble... I will look for you then."
Kiku Honda
Kiku Honda

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Williams Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:28 pm

"Of...of course! Yeah, that would be wonderful." Matthew's pale violet blue orbs glistened a little, much happier now. It was almost like he'd made a friend already. And even if he was a little odd, kiku seemed friendly and smart. And even if that wasn't really his type, there was no helping the smile Matt would get.

"I'll see you. Maybe we could start a Reader's Society at the school."
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiku Honda Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:42 pm

A faint smile appeared on Kiku's face. The thought of being a part of a Reader's Society sounded somewhat daunting (meeting with people FREQUENTLY?), but for some reason Matthew's enthusiasm seemed infectious. "...Perhaps so. Well then... I shall see you later. May you have a good afternoon until then." He bowed slightly, the smile still on his face.
Kiku Honda
Kiku Honda

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Williams Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:52 pm

It was still charming when Matthew had nodded his head with a smile and walked on, feeling freer and happier now, his burden gone by much. He had a whole morning to enjoy still, and he'd already made a friend-- the nature trail beckoned him onwards, and the flowers drooped invitingly and the birds chirruped their joy and the green flora and leaves curled around in a manner not unlike Canada's.

His blonde hair fell forwards-- maybe Alfred was right and it was too long-- and covered his face, but he swung back to soak in a faint layer of sun. And walked along.

((Kiku, we'll rp that out later and start the Reader's society~ Mattie would like to meet more people, yes plz~ ))
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiku Honda Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:04 pm

(Okay, sounds cool! Mattie will have to convince Kiku though. Once he actually starts thinking about it, Kiku will realize that he will be meeting many new people if he started a society with Mattie. HORROR OF HORRORS)
Kiku Honda
Kiku Honda

Back to top Go down

Post by Toris Laurinaitis Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:30 am

Are you guys done with this RP? If so, I'll lock it for you C:

Just need to catalogue it if it is done.
Toris Laurinaitis
Toris Laurinaitis

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiku Honda Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:48 am

(I believe so! Catalogue away!)
Kiku Honda
Kiku Honda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down