The World's Boarding School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clubroom 1 - Band Auditions [OPEN]

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clubroom 1 - Band Auditions [OPEN] Empty Clubroom 1 - Band Auditions [OPEN]

Post by Arthur Kirkland Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:20 am

He was not terribly sure whether this was a good idea or not. Normally bands were formed when you met a person or group of people first and got to know them before you banded together to create music - a social thing more than anything. But, they were all new students. The likelihood of running into fellow students that were looking for the same thing as you was slim, if it were just by chance. He had to help the occasion along somewhat.

Thus, flyers were posted up (with faculty permission of course), and placed on the noticeboard:

'BAND AUDITIONS.
Are you talented with music, or have a voice you want to have heard? Are you eager to show the school, nay, the world what you are really capable of? Magic fingertips?
If so, come try out for the school band! Friday, after school, Clubroom 1.
All instrumental talent is welcome, as are you.
Please bring your own instruments or borrow from the music rooms with permission.
- A.K. (Vocals/Guitar).
'

Now, it was Friday. It was five minutes till the end of school - Arthur having been allowed out of lesson early to set things up. He looked out at the room set-up, wondering if it were enough. The room was relatively big - enough to comfortably fit about fifty people if he needed to. He only expected about ten to turn up, if any. God, he hoped somebody would bother coming.

On one end was the musical equipment - amps, so on, along with a microphone and his own guitar on its stand - along with a desk that he was sat at; a bunch of papers there, so he could right down thoughts of the person auditioning. A few recording devices there too, so he could review performances later before he decided. On the other, were a wide circle of chairs, so people could sit and get to know each other - and listen while they waited.

He checked the clock. Two minutes to the bell. Nerves. He wasn't even auditioning and he was nervous. Gosh, he wanted this to go well. Biting his lip, he skipped to the door to the clubroom, opening it to try inviting whoever was interested inside.

...'Good luck Arthur', he told himself, as he retired back to his desk and sat upon it.
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Male Posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Clubroom 1 - Band Auditions [OPEN] Empty Re: Clubroom 1 - Band Auditions [OPEN]

Post by Alfred F. Jones Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:44 am

Alfred twirled the cord of his head phones around his pointer finger as he made his way towards Clubroom 1. His heavy black bass case making him walk a little bit lopsided. Band try outs, heh? He hadn't been in a band since he was thirteen and even then they had just been banging around and crap. The flyer he had seen really excited him. Meant it wasn't some 'School Band', it was an actual band with guitars, basses, drums and the whole sha-bang.

Sweet.

When he came to the room door he untangled his fingers from the cord and pushed the door open easily. While rock blared in his ears he glanced around for anyone in the room and grinned when he saw a skinny guy with a shaggy mane of wheat colored hair. "Hey! This the band try outs?"
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Male Posts : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:52 am

Oh, dear Lord. He always did attract the unusual ones. Arthur looked on uncertainly, wondering whether this student was any good. He seemed to own his own instrument, so that was a plus. No nicking from the school's instrument cupboard, then.

Arthur considered his first appearances. In a band, first impressions were very important. They had to look the part. He took a piece of paper and started to scribble on it. 'Boy next door. Blond, glasses. Loud voice. American'.

He got to his feet, and smiled at the other student - a little bit forced. He was rather apprehensive, after all. Being the chair of a band/club in the school's eyes was a pretty big responsibility but he was sure he could handle it. "...Yes, it is. Good to meet you - I'm Arthur Kirkland. And you are?"
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:02 am

Alfred blinked when he saw the kid's mouth start to move and realized he was talking, but all he could hear was the screaming of Johnny Rotten. He laughed loudly at the image of this small kid with rather thick eyebrows, being dubbed over by Mr. Rotten. Quickly he took the head phones off and rested them around his neck and sent the green eyed man a mega watt smile. "Hey! Sorry, couldn't hear what you said."

He laughed again to himself and pulled at the stupid tie they made him wear as a uniform. Made him feel like he was being choked by a silk rope or something. "So, what's your name?" He asked even though the guy had already given it as he fixed his glasses slightly.
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:12 am

...It was not often that Arthur became speechless so quickly, so severely under-awed by the first arrival at the band try-outs. His shoulders deflated and rough emerald gems for eyes bore up at him. Did he really do what he thought he did? What an insolent, little--!!

"...yes, right." Arthur narrowed his eyes and wrote 'DO NOT ACCEPT HIM' on the piece of paper. This, was going nowhere. Why did he even ask the question when he was clearly not even listening?!! What a ruthless twat!

"Next time, you would do better to make a more kind first impression," Arthur growled at him, crossing his arms as he abandoned the desk and approached him. "Arthur Kirkland. I said my name already. I'll be leading the band. And I do not expect you to get the position with an attitude like that, whatever-your-name-is. What instrument is that with you, and what is your name? Quickly, chop chop!"
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:32 am

British. Huh. The accent sure did fit his snobby attitude."Tch. What's your problem?" Alfred asked as he walked further into the room and looked around. This place was awesome. He could totally see playing in here for more practice if his room mate got tired of him playing. "Chop chop? Heh, what are you the white rabbit?" Yep. He referenced a book, a British written one at that. Show Mr. Arthur Kirkland. What kind of name is that?

"Well, Artie. My name is Alfred. Alfred F. Jones, and I play the wonderful bass, baby." He grinned as he set his case on the floor and started to unpack his girl. Alfred carefully pulled out the heavy soild-body black bass from it's case and showed Arthur proudly. "Isn't she pretty?"
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:43 am

"...Well," Arthur breathed, rolling his eyes at the American's awful attitude. He watched the other for a moment, considering his height and physique still. There was a male majority of the student populace, but Alfred certainly seemed like a lady killer. Oh, why was he even considering this twat? It was clear that he was atrociously one-minded.

"At least you are familiar with the great works of Mr. Lewis Carroll. If vaguely. I shan't take that against you," he said, and came to peer sceptically at the instrument. He half expected it to be bashed up with the American just toying with it rather than producing music, but his bass was in frustratingly good condition. "...Very good."

With a sigh, Arthur realised that Alfred was starting to tick boxes. But he doubted he'd be any good. Could anyone that seemed so... so... spacey have the patience to learn an instrument?! He licked his lips, considering the person in front of him.

"Alright, well. I suppose I should introduce you to the basic idea. I'm looking for people with charisma, a lack of fear of playing in front of others - or a reduced fear. I don't want nerves to stunt us if we're performing," Arthur explained. "As well as actual talent, of course. I'm open musically, so anything from rock to indie to alternative and more are fine genres for us to touch upon. So, could you tell me a little about yourself...?"
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:07 am

The American snickered as he listened to Arthur start to rattle off a list of things he was looking for, obviously already crossing Alfred off his list. Well, it wasn't the first time Alfred had made people change their minds. He pulled the strap of his bass over his shoulder and started to tune is softly, plucking the strings gently.

"Heh. No worries about nerves. You're talking to the guy who walked through down town London, with just a cowboy hat and my glasses on. Did a little time for that stunt. Apparently, you Brits don't like naked people." He bit his lip softly as he strumed a few more times and was finally happy with the tune.

"About myself? Herm...let's see. My blood type is B+, I have a star named after me..." he smiled softly. "That was a pretty bitching birthday present." He leaned back and thought. "Umm...I like rock and think your eyebrows are pretty cool." He smiled widely at the Briton and gave a soft strum on the strings.
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:13 am

None of that response, Arthur could have predicted. He stood in front of the other student in a total stupor. Firstly, Arthur hated that for a split second, he thought that having a star named after him was relatively impressive. Though that amazement was rather completely dwarfed by the sheer horror Arthur experienced when he realised what Alfred had done.

"Y-you... you streaked?! What, bollocks hanging out and bits on show and everything?!" He exclaimed, eyes wide and large brows popping. "Through the ruddy streets of London?!! Bloody Hell! What on Earth possessed you to do that?!"
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:21 am

Alfred laughed loudly at the Briton's reaction to his streaking story and slapped the strings on his bass, making an odd sound. He gave a wide grin as he recalled those days and how his few friends told him he would never have to guts to go through with it. "It was a dare. My friend bet me thirty pounds I wouldn't even be able to go three minutes. Ha! Try one hour before the cops arrived and threw a blanket over me." He chuckled at how upset some of the women and men were, and how the cop tried to tell him that he needed more sense and respect for others.

"Come on, don't tell me you've never done something foolish." He winked at the Briton and continued to strum happily.
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:30 am

A whole hour, naked in London. They would almost have ran into each other. Arthur lived in that city of the UK's. He was frankly horrified at the mental image of it. Then he realised he was attempting to picture Alfred naked. He gritted his teeth and wiped the image out of his mind, somewhat disgusted by it. Alfred was such a disobedient twat, already.

"...I've done a lot of very foolish things," Arthur said matter-of-factly. It was true. He was doing stupid things even now. He left Alfred alone for a second and went to collect his electric guitar from the stand. Sweet, Lady Kimberly in her cherry red glory. Bringing her back over to Alfred, he strapped her on. "Doesn't mean I show off about them. Nor tell a soul."
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:37 am

"Well, you an me I guess take pride in different things." He grinned up at the Briton and his eyes moved to the bright red guitar Arthur was now sporting. He whistled softly in appreciation and reached out to stroke the soft curves of the lovely instrument.

"Wow. She's pretty. Flashy color also." He smirked. "Bet all the girls run wild for you with this baby and your accent." He remembered what it was like. American girls gushed over men with British or Irish accents.
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:20 pm

Arthur smacked Alfred's hand just before he had managed to grope his Kimberly's beautiful body. "Don't touch," he grumbled at him. She was special to him, and therefore only met with his fingertips only. He rolled his eyes at the other person. "My Kimberly is the only lady of my life, and she's for my hands only, thank you very much."

Perhaps it sounded a bit too possessive. He took a seat and played a few cords just to check that his beauty was in tune, as always. It was useful being able to pick up pitches with his ears, rather than using devices. He then looked up at the annoying American. "Honestly, I couldn't care less what girls gush over me. It's not... er. They're not my... thing."
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderich Edelstein Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:01 am

Roderich was about to enter the music room when he heard raised voices.

He considered simply entering, but-unfailingly polite as he tried to be-he instead knocked sharply on the door. That way, any embarasssing or compromising positions or objects could be hidden.
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Male Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Williams Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:17 am

((oh that post.... XD I'm stalking this, just FYI, exhibitionists ))
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams

http://xxseraphsanctuaryxx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilbert Beilschmidt Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:30 am

((Gilbert would join band... but that would mean being around Roddy..roddy critiqing his playing 8I ....I swear piano and drums are the most opposite instruments in existance..... ))
Gilbert Beilschmidt
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Male Posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Williams Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:32 am

Not in jazz band~ cymbals and snares often play among a keyboard in jazz~ ))
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams

http://xxseraphsanctuaryxx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilbert Beilschmidt Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:41 am

((Roddy still has cooties... stingy cooties -spams thread and rolls to OC chat-))
Gilbert Beilschmidt
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:49 am

The American snickered at Arthur's possesiveness towards the pretty guitar and smirked that the Briton. "Well, but get pretty awkward under the sheets since your Kimberly don't move much."

He continued to strum when Arthur quietly admitted that he did not prefer women and he just shurgged slightly and frowned when he noticed one of his cords was out of tune so he quickly moved to fix it. "That's cool. Means you won't leave us for a Yoko, unless you find a really weird guy." Alfred then glanced at the door when he heard a soft knock. "Umm...come in?"
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:57 am

((OOC: Aw, Gilbert. Wouldn't it make for lovely and interesting RP? I was kind of hoping that you would be in the band...))

The way that Alfred totally dismissed the fact that Arthur was more-or-less confessing his sexuality to him, made Arthur a bit shocked. Normally when he told people at home, they'd either treat him differently - at an arm's length - or treat him like scum. Bullying, so on. It was a cruel world.

He only came out of his brief zoning out session when he heard the door. Arthur glanced up at the other person, interests piqued by the noise. "Ah," he exclaimed and got off of the chair to greet the new arrival. "Good day--Are you here for the band audition?" The newer arrival did not immediately seem like the sort to like, well, rock music...
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:06 am

Alfred squinted his eyes as he tried to think about where he had seen those glasses and that mole before. He chewed on his lip for a moment as Arthur talked to the new guy in the room, waiting for the guy to say his name.
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilbert Beilschmidt Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:58 pm

((maybe you could try and convince him Arthur? Maybe they are missing a drummer and tries to poke him into trying out XD ...A bit of flattery goes a long way with Gilbert when mixed with reverse psychology XD ))
Gilbert Beilschmidt
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderich Edelstein Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:09 am

"Ah, hallo, Arthur and Alfred. I am Roderich. I believe I will be sharing with Alfred this year?" Roderich shifted uncomfortably. He did not enjoy social interaction. At all.

However, he did love music more than he wanted to stay under the covers and hide from society.

"Oh, and yes, I wish to audition for the band. Is there a place open for a keyboard?"
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Male Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:42 am

"Roderich, was it?" Arthur asked for confirmation. There were so many foreign students at this school, so it was difficult for him to pronounce some of their names. Still, it certainly was interesting. That accent... where was it from? Sounded vaguely Germanic.

"There is certainly a place for keyboard. Do come in... er, if you could take one of the seats?" He paused, wondering what he would do when there was no keyboard in the room. Glancing around, the Briton wondered if there was one in the nearby music rooms that he could borrow. "I'll have to go fetch you a keyboard, I think... erm, so. I know. Why don't you two get acquainted for a second, and I'll go get one?"
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:10 am

Alfred grinned and waved at his room mate, finally meeting him for the first time. "Hey! What's up, Roddie?" He gave everyone nick names, it was jusr his thing. He strumed on the bass softly before he gave his full attention to the dark haired man. "So, you got all set up in our room yet? I haven't even started unpacking.

It was true. His side of the room was still littered with boxes.
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next