The World's Boarding School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clubroom 1 - Band Auditions [OPEN]

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Clubroom 1 - Band Auditions [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty Re: Clubroom 1 - Band Auditions [OPEN]

Post by Roderich Edelstein Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:45 am

"Ah, yes, it's Roderich. Roderich Edelstein. I'm from Austria." He looked around a little nervously. He still wasn't sure this was a good idea.

He started when Arthur left to get the keyboard, and turned towards his new roommate just in time to hear the question.

"I'm...fine, danke. I do have a few things set up, but most of my things are still packed up. I've only been here a few days, I haven't had any chance really. And, ah, please don't call me Roddie. If you must nickname me, I would prefer Rod or- well, Rod is fine for now, I suppose"

He smiled a little. His half of the dorm was full of neatly stacked boxes, as he had only managed to unpack his violin and sheet music before the audition time, and had been too busy beforehand.
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Male Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Clubroom 1 - Band Auditions [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty Re: Clubroom 1 - Band Auditions [OPEN]

Post by Alfred F. Jones Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:57 pm

Alfred nodded, trying the name out silently before he smiled and said it. "Rod...Rod. Okay. Nice to meet you, Rod." He shot the boy a thumbs up and then turned back to his bass and continued to strum. "So, you play the key borad? Does that mean you can also play the piano?" Key borad and piano were different, weren't they? "Can you play anything else?" One question right after another.
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Male Posts : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderich Edelstein Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:58 pm

"It's, ah, nice to meet you too, Alfred." Roderich wasn't too enthusiastic about sharing a room with the other boy for a year, but as he was being made to he thought he might as well try to make friends.

"And yes, I can play the piano. I recently gained Grade 8, and I'm working towards that in keyboard. I can also play the violin and occasionally I try to play the guitar. It's never ended well."
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Male Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilbert Beilschmidt Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:25 am

((Why do I feel that Gilbert learnt how to play music at first just to prove to Rod that he could? I will probably end up joining band~ it really does sound like a fun Rp~ ))
Gilbert Beilschmidt
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Male Posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Kirkland Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:14 am

((You're welcome to <3))

Arthur came back a few minutes later, with a keyboard in hand - one of the ones that worked with batteries; but for portability it would have to do for now. He went to the desk and placed it there, before turning around to look at the others. Right. So only two people had actually turned up. Maybe he should have thought about this earlier.

"Right, this isn't good. Is this school simply lacking in musical talent?" Arthur sighed. Maybe he had not been clear enough with his signs. Maybe Friday was a bad day. Maybe he should have given longer for people to see the signs... oh, this was ridiculous. Better make do with what he had, hoping they were any good.

"Alfred, your name was?" He first turned to the American, air of scepticism surrounding him. "Let's see your skills. Play whatever you are comfortable with."
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland

Male Posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred F. Jones Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:07 pm

"Yep, that's me."

The American stood up with a grin and rubbed his dry, calloused finger tips against each other for a minute before he placed them over the heavy metal strings of the neck. You could tell he was concentrating by the slight tip of his tounge poking out from his mouth as he gave a soft strum.

The deep vibrating sound of the cords hummed softly and the American smiled as he moved his fingers up higher on the neck, causing the sound to deepen dramaticly. He strumed a few cords happily, humming along with the made up song he was making up on the spot. He then switched to plucking the thick strands, laughing when it started to sound a bit jazzy.

He slid his fingers closer to the body and the pitch became higher and he played a small tune for the Briton and Austrian, biting his lip as he finished.
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Male Posts : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2