The World's Boarding School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garden Path [Open To All]

2 posters

Go down

Garden Path [Open To All] Empty Garden Path [Open To All]

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:49 am

Adrienne was quite happy that she was able to fiddle around the grounds, she had fallen in love with the gardens and the green house collection. It was gorgeous and the spread was just incredible, she could have sworn that she saw what appeared to be a maze, perhaps it was just a figment of her imagination.

Dressed in a pair of old denims and a short little button down, she looked around and saw that there wasn't anyone really around and decided to toy around with the trowel that was left there and several plotted plants. Earlier, she had asked the groundskeeper if she would be able to do so, and they agreed. Adrienne had the chance to now play in the dirt and garden again. Placing her stuff down on a bench, she eagerly dropped to her knees and started to dig several holes, churning the dirt and getting ready to remove the plants from their pots.

"Cats and rabbits would reside in fancy little houses. And be dressed in shoes and hats and trousers in a world of my own" she hummed to herself, getting caught up in gardening.
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Female Posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Garden Path [Open To All] Empty Re: Garden Path [Open To All]

Post by Sadiq Adnan Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:18 pm

It was damn bright outside. Sadiq growled and muttered to himself, pawing at the pocket where he had shoved his sunglasses just before he had stepped out, and then flipping up his hood. He had confined himself to his room ever since he had arrived in order to catch up on sleep. He had been traveling for almost four weeks before he came to this place in order to get it out of his system before the school year started.

Putting on his sunglasses with a muted curse he stalked out to where he had seen some sort of park when he had arrived. As he fished his cigarettes out of the front pocket of his faded green jacket he paused to actually look at his surroundings. It didn't look too shabby. Obviously a place for those of richer blood. Or gifted minds. Or hell, just plain hard-working.

Lighting up, Sadiq suddenly heard... singing? No... but it was some sort of melody. He inhaled slowly, then watched as he allowed smoke to trickle out of his mouth, not making another sound as he listened. Hm... seemed to be coming from his left. Without much thought he began wandering toward the sound.

Ah, there was someone... huh. Sadiq stopped in his tracks, noting with a spike of interest a woman, on her knees, and bent down toward the ground digging holes. Well, don't see that every day. He watched and listened for a few moments, enjoying his smoke and just observing the woman's movements. After a while Sadiq circled around so that he was behind her, a mischievous smirk on his face. Sure it probably wasn't the best way to meet someone but... he just couldn't resist. He approached her carefully, taking his cigarette between his fingers before crouching down behind her, and leaning forward to be right next to her head. "Find any treasure yet?"
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:32 am

Adrienne turned her head at hearing the rustling sounds and a smell of what appeared to be smoke, and startled herself quickly. Once she realized that there was a person standing behind her and let out yelp of surprise. It has been a while since she was taken by surprise, and waited until she caught a breathe or two.

"Oh!" She turned her head and body to get a better look at the person and knew that it wasn't a student because the man appeared older than that and was more rougher in appearance. "I...I have not yet, I do not think that I shall find anything here. Only flowers that need to be planted so they can blossom"

Blinking a few times and dusting off the dirt that was on her hands on to her pants, she extended it out to him, after twisting on her knees to be able to look directly at him. Luckily, she was several flowers in at this point. "Mr. Adnan, right? Finally, it is nice to see another teacher around on campus here! I hope my humming didn't disturb you while walking around the campus!"
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Sadiq found himself grinning at the woman's surprise. It'd been too long since the last time he was able to sneak up on someone successfully. He took her hand, shaking it firmly, "Hey yeh, that's me! How'd you know my name anyway? Dun think we've met before. Unless I've got a reputation already!"

He snickered, withdrawing his hand and standing to survey the flowerbed. "As fer yer hummin', dun worry 'bout it. Sounded nice, made the walk more enjoyable I'd say. Looks good by the way. The flowers." He motioned to the plants, then took a drag from the cigarette in his left hand. "You the gardener too er somethin'? Unless this is whatcha teach."
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne de Polignac Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Smiling, she realized that she had been caught and looked embarrassed. "I... I had looked up on the school's database for potential teachers and who they hired and were considering to hire. A friend of mine owed me a favor" She had hoped it didn't sound horrible but she wanted to get an idea of her coworkers before actually meeting them.

Adrienne couldn't help but blush slightly at the compliment of her singing, and about the compliment on the work she had helped the groundskeepers with, but shook her head at his statement. "Non, I am a fellow teacher. History, if I am correct... oui, oui. But I am hoping to get enough kids to start a gardening club!" She stopped herself before her rambling got out of hand.

"Do you have an interest. Forgive my manners, I am Adrienne de Polignac! Pleasure to meet you" she said, feeling silly that she forgot something very simple. She had to look up to him, to say it directly to her face, it was interesting, seeing as she is still one of the shorter members on staff.
Adrienne de Polignac
Adrienne de Polignac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:38 am

Sadiq raised an eyebrow, interested to know who exactly she had connections with that caused the database entries of the teachers to come into her hands. Well, it's not like he particularly cared. More personal information wasn't on there, and he didn't have many secrets. None that anyone here would have a chance of knowing, anyway.

He looked down to meet her eyes, "Adrienne de Polignac, eh? Quite a name there! So, Miz Polignac, yeh? Pleasures all mine, believe you me!" He bowed slightly, now bent to about her height, and winked. His smirk broadened as he straightened to his full height, suddenly thoughtful, "Hrm, interests... You wanna know my interests? Not gonna be that interestin'. Dun wanna bore you! Gardening's better'n I got, anyway!"

He looked again at the flowers, admiring them, "Never dared to touch 'em. More skillful hands then mine exist ta tend to 'em." He again bowed his head to Adrienne, but didn't turn his eyes to look at her. He continued to smoke, suddenly lost in contemplation.
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down