The World's Boarding School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Vash & Roderich] Lake - Rekindling Friendships

2 posters

Go down

[Vash & Roderich] Lake - Rekindling Friendships Empty [Vash & Roderich] Lake - Rekindling Friendships

Post by Roderich Edelstein Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:53 am

Roderich needed to get out of the school.

The smell of alchohol permeating the boy's dormitory floor had started to make him feel lightheaded, and he really didn't feel like unpacking until he really needed to (a chronic fault of his, unlikely to be remedied). Luckily, the school was in possession of very extensive grounds, covering at least a dozen acres with several more isolated spots that he'd seen on his first tour of the school.

He was headed for a decently sized lake that had seemed just far enough from the beaten path to be unseen, but close enough that he wouldn't get lost in the trees on the way back.

However, the lakeside was not as empty as he had assumed it would be. He could see, from his almost-a-hiding-place, the back of someone with short blonde hair and...

Ah, it was Vash. He had been meaning to talk to the boy that had been his sole source of companionship in his earlier years, but between all of his intorductions to the school and his desperation to find some friends at last, he just hadn't quite managed.

Perhaps this would be the perfect time. Walking towards the other boy, he called out.

"Hallo, Vash! What brings you to this kleine spot?"

He still needed to work on leaving out the occasional German word that slipped through into his English.
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Male Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

[Vash & Roderich] Lake - Rekindling Friendships Empty Re: [Vash & Roderich] Lake - Rekindling Friendships

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:15 am

((-crying- I had the most beautiful response typed up when my com decided it hated me and I lost it. Here's my second try.))

He'd gone to the lake to draw because for whatever odd reason Eva, his little sister, really admired his drawings and art styles. He didn't think he was very good, but since she liked them he tried to practice as much as he could so he could get better at it.

The drawing he was currently working on was meant to be a gift welcoming her to the boarding school. Hopefully she liked it.

He had already sketched the lake and the various fowls on it's surface, now he picked up his watercolors to attempt to color it.

Just has he lowered his brush down, he heard the tell-a-tale crunch of a branch or two breaking and the crinkle of leaves being stepped on.

He glared at his ruined sketch quickly trying to save it from the black splotches of paint on it. What idiot had even bothered to come here? He was going to kill them.

Then he heard that overly-familar voice. One he'd grown used to hearing in his childhood, but more used to hearing only in memories.

Roderich was standing there when he looked over his shoulder.

"Hallo," he said, "What are you doing here, Roderich?" he wasn't sure if he should be happy or not. On one hand, this was Roderich one of his oldest friends. On the other hand, the other boy had just totally managed to fuck up his painting for Eva, even if it wasn't on purpose.

((Eva=Liech since I think that's what the Liech RPer will name her. That or Erika. I'll change if necessary))
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

[Vash & Roderich] Lake - Rekindling Friendships Empty Re: [Vash & Roderich] Lake - Rekindling Friendships

Post by Roderich Edelstein Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:28 am

"Oh!" Roderich saw the ruined painting over Vash's shoulder. "I'm so sorry, Vash, I didn't realise I was disturbing you. I was just looking for a quiet place-it's getting quite rowdy on the fith floor with all the drinking and such. I'll leave if you want me to."

Roderich didn't really want to leave, but from what he remembered of their friendship he could sense that Vash was, if not upset, at least frustrated over the ruination of the painting.
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:32 am

Vash sighed, "Um, no...you can stay. It's been awhile Roderich..."

He sat his supplies aside with another sigh then attempted to smile at the other boy.

"Please sit down, Roderich."
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderich Edelstein Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:35 am

"Oh, ah, yes. Thank you." Roderich was painfully aware of how awkward he was being. It was very embarassing.

"So, how have you been? It seems like years since I last saw you. Perhaps it has been..." He wished that he had kept better contact with the other boy. This would have been so much less awkward if he had.
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:40 am

"Ah...it has been years...hm...I'm doing pretty well...now at least. I ran into some trouble..." he looked troubled, "Ah...I have a younger sister now..." he smiled at the thought of her, "She should be arriving her soon." He frowned slightly, "At least I hope so."

((hmmm..how shall we play the reason they stopped being friends? Swiss's folks died and he was left to the care of relatives who didn't really care for him so he ended up on the streets? That's why Austria and him lost touch? Or something else?))
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderich Edelstein Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:49 am

Roderich frowned slightly. "Well, I'm glad you're out of it now. And I look forward to meeting your sister, I'm sure she'll be lovely. And I'm glad you have company again."

"I'm doing...decently. My parents are on a state visit of some sort in...an African country. I'm not really sure which, but I had to arrive here a few days early. I still haven't unpacked, though." Unfortunately, this was a fairly common situation for Roderich, as his parents were both obliged to go on multiple state visits, often during his holidays.

((That sounds good. Maybe Roderich had to move away with his parents? They could have been abroad and lost contact gradually. Also so tempted to make awkward SwissAus happen :D))
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:53 am

((awkward SwissAus ftw! If you're up for it at least~And okay. While Vash was having all those problems Roderich was far, far away and couldn't be there))

"Ah, they're still doing all that traveling?" he then seemed to hear the second thing the other boy had said, "Are you still so lazy, Roderich? You're like a young lord or something...you should hurry and unpack. It can't be very nice for your roommate I wouldn't think."
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderich Edelstein Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:54 pm

"Yes, they're off on trips most of the time. They don't take me with them anymore though." This was a bit of a sore point. The only reason he'd lost contact with Vash was his paretn's insistence that they simply had to move out to Finland for a few months, which had turned into years.

"And I'm not lazy! I just haven't had time. Besides, my roommate has a much messier side of the room, and about twice as many boxes. It seems frankly inefficient. I'm unpacking the rest of it sometime this evening. It shouldn't take too long." Roderich tried to remain indignant, but instead his face broke into a smile.

He couldn't help it, really. Vash hadn't changed a bit.
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:51 am

He could only shake his head at that, "That's pretty dangerous right there..." he said smiling slightly (at least his face had twisted out of it's permanent grimace).

"Having you two as roommates.... Who is your roommate anyway?"

Last edited by Vash Zwingli on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderich Edelstein Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:25 am

"I belive his name is Alfred. He has already insisted on nicknaming me, which is slightly embarrassing." Roderich was still uncertain just how well the year was going to go with the loudmouthed American as his roommate.

"I suppose you lucked out in this arrangement-who's yours?"
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:32 am

"A nickname? Like what?" He sighed, "My roommate is named Toris...." he frowned, "An American? How...unlucky for you Roderich."

((fuck...I haven't finished RPing with king!arthur/toris yet....so I don't really know how well they'll get along...))
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderich Edelstein Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:51 pm

"Well, initially he wanted to call me... Roddie. However, I think I have negotiated down to one syllable." Roderich winced slightly. He did like his name, pretentious as it might seem to some people.

"Ah, Toris. He seems nice, from what time I've spent talking to him-which is admittedly not that long." Roderich could vaguely remember a conversation that had been interrupted by Ivan.
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:21 am

"One syllable? Like what 'Ro' or something?" his eyes widened slightly at his correct guess, "That's..." he can't help but laugh at that.

"Yes, Toris seems pretty nice. He's polite enough and non-annoying."
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderich Edelstein Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:34 am

"It's-it's not that funny, Vash." Roderich blushed slightly. He really didn't like being embarassed, even in private.

"Perhaps I should try to talk to him more. I think Ivan has taken an interest and I'm not entirely sure how well that'll go" He frowned. Ivan was a good friend but he knew that he could be a little... creepy at times.
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:35 pm

((late reply is late, and I'm so sorry.))

"Ivan? The tall Russian guy?" Vash bit his lip, "Well...it's not really our place to interfere now is it?"
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderich Edelstein Fri May 25, 2012 6:56 am

Roderich frowned.

"No, I suppose not. Still, it's always worth getting to know people. Potential allies and so on."

Still, he really didn't want to leave Toris with Ivan. Sure, Ivan was ok when you got to know him, but Roderich was inclined to worrying even at the best of times.

((I think you'll find that I am the MASTER of late replies c:))
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down